In order to properly use PaperCut to print on campus, or connect to the O:/ or S:/ drives, your machine needs to be connected to Carthage's Active Directory instance. Binding Macs to Active Directory has a lot of bugs, so instead of risking your data and productivity, we're opting to use NoMAD (No Mobile Active Directory) to accomplish the same thing.
- Head over to https://nomad.menu/downloads/ and download the PKG Installer.
- Run the NoMAD.pkg installer from your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded it to).
- Launch NoMAD from your Applications folder.
- When you launch NoMAD for the first time, a Preferences window pops up. Enter the following data, then close the window:
- AD Domain: carthage.edu
- Kerberos Realm: CARTHAGE.EDU
- x509 CA: (leave blank)
- Template: (leave blank)
- Use Keychain: Check the box.
- Show Home Folder: Leave unchecked.
- Renew Ticket: Leave checked.
- Seconds: 7,200
- User Name: enter your Carthage username, which is your email address without the @carthage.edu at the end.
- Password: enter your Carthage password, which is the password you use to log into your Carthage email or the portal.
- Click the Sign In button.
To connect to the S:\ drive, see these instructions: Connecting to S Drive with a Mac | ID#1466