If you would like to make a website for a class project or for personal use, Google Sites can help: http://sites.google.com.
Google Sites makes it easy for anyone to create and manage simple, secure group websites. Getting started is easy, and there are a number of helpful templates. More than just a visual theme, site templates can include site structure and navigation, custom page templates, embedded gadgets, and more. Google Sites is powerful enough for a company intranet, yet simple enough for a family website.
Click on the video below for a brief explanation: What is a Google Site?
The following is a gallery of the best Google Sites for inspiration and as an example of what Sites can do.
Adding Video to your Site
Click here if you need to add video to your Site.
Publish a Google Doc on a Google Site
If you have a Google doc that you'd like to make easily accessible to others, think about including it on a Google Site. Click here for a video tutorial.
- Open the “Site” where you want to insert the document.
- On a new or existing page, click “Edit” page located in the upper right.
- Place your cursor in the main text box where you would like the Google Doc located.
- Click “Insert” at the upper left.
- Click the “Document item” (or click “Spreadsheet” if that is the type of document that you need to insert.
- On the next screen, select the Google document that you want to insert.
- Click the “Select” button below the list.
- You will then get a screen with the following options.
- If you want a border, check that box.
- You can change the title by entering a new title into the box on the second line.
- Change the dimensions of the item if desired by entering a value for either the height or width, or both.
- Click the “Save” button.
Remember that, if you want to update the information on the page, you must go back to the document in Google Docs to edit it. You cannot change the contents directly through the site.
NOTE ABOUT PERMISSIONS
You will need to set the permissions for the Google Document so that the appropriate users can access it. If a user has access to the Google site but not to the document, they will get an error message when they try to view the document.Tags: Google