This article addresses problems with overhead (transparency) projectors.
- Ensure that the overhead projector is properly plugged in.
- If there is no illumination from the projector, move the power cord to other outlets and try the projector again.
- If you still have no light, turn OFF the projector. Some projectors have a metal lever on the front of the projector.
- If there is a lever, flip it to the opposite end of its current position. Ensure that the projector is OFF before you do this or you risk damaging the projector. This switches to the backup bulb inside the projector.
- Turn on the projector again to see if the backup bulb illuminates.
- If there is no lever, you cannot find the lever, or moving the lever didn’t work, the issue needs to be referred to Media Services. Please go to Request Tracker (help.carthage.edu) and “Create a New Ticket in Media,” explaining that the projector is functioning incorrectly.
Tags: classroom technology, media