To connect to a wireless Miracast enabled display (Chromecast, enabled TV, certain model Rokus) with a Windows 10 PC and view a Carthage streaming event:
- Turn on your wireless display or adapter.
- Press the "Windows+K" keyboard shortcut to open the Connect pane.
- Look for your display in the Connect pane; it may take a few moments to appear.
- Select the name of your display to connect.
- When you're finished with the connection, reopen the Connect pane and press the "Disconnect" button.
- If you do not see the device in the Connect pane, you may need to check to make sure that your PC and device receiving the Cast are on the same network.
After you see your desktop, you should be able to open a browser and get to our streaming event, either through https://live.carthage.edu or a direct link that we have provided (such as a Christmas Festival Registration confirmation).
We have uploaded a test video on one of our channels on IBM Cloud Video (formerly UStream): https://video.ibm.com/
If you are still having problems:
- Make sure that your Windows 10 computer and your Miracast device (Chromecast, enabled TV, certain model Rokus) are on the same wireless network.
- Try restarting your Miracast device.
- Try restarting your network router.
- Try downloading the most recent version of your web browser.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.Tags: Chromecast, live stream, livestream, Miracast, Roku, streaming, Windows