The thumbnail image of a YouTube video is the first thing people notice when deciding to watch your video, so it is important to present a dynamic, visually interesting thumbnail that immediately defines your video.
1. Make sure the thumbnail feature of your channel is turned on and your channel is verified.
- On your channel, scroll down to "Settings" on the left side of the screen.
- Go to "Channel Status and Features."
- Scroll down to "Custom Thumbnails" and enable it.
- You may be required to go through the verification process which involves texting a verification number to your cell phone.
2. When you upload a video, YouTube provides you with three randomly selected stills as thumbnails.
3. You now have the option of uploading your own thumbnail image.
4. Choose whether you want your video to be public, unlisted, or private. If you listed your video as "public," then the thumbnail will appear on your channel landing page.
5. Creating a custom thumbnail: YouTube recommends that the image is 1280 pixels wide by 780 pixels tall with a minimum width of 640 pixels and a ratio of 16:9 or...check out picmaker.com to create your thumbnail.
6. Examples of effective thumbnail images for YouTube videos.
video, videoconferencing, YouTube