Screencast-O-Matic is a tool that allows you to record your screen and save the file to your computer to upload it to Google Drive or Schoology (or YouTube, etc.)
Screencast-O-Matic is perfect for creating a pre-recorded lecture or presentation.
- Go to www.carthage.edu/screencast and log in with your Carthage email address and password.
- If this is your first time, you must register. Follow the instructions on the screen and agree to the terms to create an account.
- Click on the "Download Install" tab. Click on the software .exe or .dmg package to begin the Setup Wizard.
- The Setup Wizard will walk you through the installation.
- Click "Install for anyone using this computer."
- Choose whether you'd like to "Start Screencast-O-Matic" and if you'd like to "Create Desktop Shortcut." Click "Finish."
- During the installation, the software may ask what kind of plan you are on. Choose "Team Plan." If you are asked for the access URL, type in "carthagecollege."
- You should now be able to launch the program from your computer to record, edit, and save a video file.
- If you are uploading a file to Google Drive, Drive will spend some time processing the video. Then you will have to share it with the end users (typically anyone with the link can view).
- If uploading the file to Schoology, the file must be under 500MB. Go to "Add Materials" > "Add File" > "Upload." Schoology will need a few minutes to process the video.
Screencast-O-Matic has tutorials to learn how to use the software: https://screencast-o-matic.com/tutorials.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: videoconferencing