Google Calendar allows others to see your busy and free times if you so choose.
Make sure your Google Calendar permissions are set to "Show free/busy" so that others can see when you are available. This setting does NOT allow others to see your individual appointment details.
To allow selected individuals to see your Calendar meeting details, you may set that up also.
- Log in to your Carthage Google Apps account (email, Calendar, Drive).
- Navigate to Calendar.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- At the left, scroll down to "Settings for my calendars." Click on the calendar for which you'd like to set permissions.
- Scroll down to the "Access permissions" heading. We recommend checking "Make availabe for Carthage College" and allow them to "See only free/busy (hide details). We also recommend checking the box next to "Show calendar info in other Google apps, limited by access permissions" so the Calendar app can integrate with other Google apps (like Gmail and Google Meet).
- If you have a co-worker (or other Google Calendar user, or even your personal Gmail account) that you'd like to be able to see your calendar (and maybe give that account privileges to access details that you wouldn't want to give to the entire campus), you may do so.
- On the same screen in Calendar > Settings for my calendar, scroll down to the "Share with specific people heading." There you will be able to "Add people" with whom to share your calendar, and to indicate the access you'd like them to have.
Tags: Calendar, Google