Do you like calendar reminders, but don't need them to take over your full screen while you are working on other things? You can enable a gentle reminder in Google Calendar that will replace the event reminder pop-up. Below are directions on how to enable gentle reminders that will flash in the Calendar tab, like an IM or Facebook message. When you click on the tab, the full event notification will be visibel.
1. Open Google Calendar and click on the gear icon in the upper, right corner. Choose "Settings."
2. In Settings, click on the "Labs" tab.
3. Scroll down to the "Gentle Notifications" entry and click the radio button next to "Enable."
4. Save your changes at the bottom of the Labs tab.
5. Watch your open Calendar tab for a flashing notification ten minutes before an upcoming event.
6. When you click on the flashing tab, you will see a full description of the notification.
Attached files: Calendar Pop Up.pdfTags: Calendar, Google