A name and email address is associated with your email account and is displayed for all to see when you send an email or an email is sent to you.
You may change both the displayed name and the displayed email address.
To change the displayed name, please consult this pdf.
Changing a displayed email address is a little different.
1. Click on the gear icon at the upper right of your email screen.
2. Choose "Settings."
3. On that screen, click the "Accounts" tab.
4. Under the "Send mail as:" heading, choose "Add another email address you own."
5. A pop-up box should appear. Fill in the fields with the new email alias address and name you want displayed. (If the box does not automatically appear, make sure your rowser is set to not block pop-ups.)
6. Leave "Treat as an alias" checked.
7. Click "Next Step."
8. Back on the "Settings" screen, you will see both your "real" address and the new alias. To the right of the alias, click "make default."
9. Once you set the new default, you may check that "Always reply from the default address" is checked.
10. When composing an email, you should see the new name and email alias showing as the sender.
Tags: email, gmail, Google