The Snipping Tool on a PC is useful to take screenshots of open windows on the computer. If you want to take a screenshot of a drop-down menu, the Snipping Tool provides a way to do that.
1. Open the Snipping Tool.
- The Snipping Tool can be found by clicking the "Start" menu -> All Programs -> Accessories folder -> Snipping Tool.
2. Press the "Escape" button on your keyboard. The Snipping Tool dialog box should stay open.
3. Open the drop-down you would like to see in the screenshot on your computer.
4. Press "Ctrl" + "PrtScrn" to bring the Snipping Tool active window back into view.
5. In the Snipping Tool dialog box, choose "New," then "Rectangular Snip."
6. Using the mouse to select the area you'd like to include in your screenshot by moving the crosshairs pointer. A red box should outline the selected area. Once you release the mouse, the screenshot image will open in a new Snipping Tool dialog box where you can work with the image.