For security reasons, Carthaginians have to change their Carthage password every 100+ days. This is an issue for printing to Papercut ("Carthage Print") on Macs; since our Carthage passwords are manually entered to setup printing, we have to manually enter changes to our password as well. Follow these instructions to update your Papercut ("Carthage Print") password to match your new Carthage password.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities and launch Keychain Access
- In the search box in the upper right hand corner of the Keychain Access window, type Carthage Print
- Double-click the Carthage Print item that shows up when the search is done.
- Click the checkbox to the left of Show password:. If you're asked to enter your computer password, do so and click the Always Allow or Allow buttons.
- Your old Carthage password will show up in the text box next to Show password:. Erase it, and type your new Carthage password in the text box to the right Show password:, then click the Save Changes button.
- Restart your Mac, then try printing again.
If you continue experiencing issues after following these instructions, send an email to email@example.com and someone from LIS will get in touch with you about a fix.