On-line Registration and Advising
This document explains how faculty can use the Jenzabar portal to issue course authorizations to students who want to add your class even if it is full. This is a NEW feature of the new Jenzabar software as described below.
First, access the site and login:
Point your web browser to http://my.carthage.edu. Go to the log-in area located in the upper right hand corner of the page. Use your Carthage username and password to log in.
About Course Authorizations
Approvals to join a full course will now be done through the online registration and advising site. If you choose to allow a student to join your class that is currently full you may do so by issuing a course authorization.
Note that the software will not allow you to issue course authorizations beyond the number of students that will fit into your classroom. If you reach the capacity of your room and still want to add more, contact the Registrar's office to see if your course can change locations.
Please note that granting an authorization does NOT automatically register them for the course. The student must log into the registration and advising site to add the class after the authorization is given.
Finally, that authorization is for that specific student only. It will not open up your course to registration by other students.
Creating and Issuing a Course Authorization
To issue a course authorization to a student, do the following:
- Login to the portal at http://my.carthage.edu using your Carthage user ID and password.
- Click the “Advising and Registration” tab
- Look for the “Course Authorization” section. (You may need to scroll down.)
- If you don't see any courses listed, you may need to change the term designation to the correct one. Be sure to select a term for which the courses are not yet closed. (AB2010 is Fall II Accelerated; RB2011 is J-term 2011, RC2011 is Spring 2011, AG2011 is Winter 2011.)
- Click on the name of the course for which you want to create the authorization.
- Click the “Add New Authorizations” link.
- Enter the name or ID number of the student.
- Click the “Search” button
- Click the “Select” button next to the student's name
NOTE: You can also track the authorizations that you have issued in this area.
Tags: Portal (my.carthage)