On-line Registration and Advising
This document explains how faculty can use the Jenzabar portal to view class rosters and submit grades.
First, access the site and login:
Point your web browser to http://my.carthage.edu. Go to the log-in area located in the upper right hand corner of the page. Use your Carthage username and password to log in.
Access your Advisee Roster
To access your advisee roster, click on the “Advising and Registration” tab. Look for the “Advisee Roster” section. From there you will be able to search for one or all of your advisees.
To access a full list, set the advisee status to “All” and click “Search.” A list of current advisees should be displayed. Click the name of the student for an academic history of each individual advisee. This information includes unofficial transcripts, past test scores, current and past schedules, and GPA projection. You can search for courses and register students directly from this site.
Note: If you are a department or division chair, you will see ALL of the advisees for your department or division. There is an update forthcoming that will separate out your personal advisees, but for now, you will need to find the right ones to authorize their registration and such.
Clear Your Advisees to Register
Registration cards will no longer be issued to advisors for registration clearance. This process will now be done on-line in the “Registration and Advising” site.
To approve students to register, do the following:
- Click the “Advising and Registration” tab.
- Look for the “Advisee Roster” area.
- In the drop-down list below, select “need registration clearance” located in the advisee status.
- Verify that the term is the correct one. (J-term 2011 is RB2011; Spring 2011 is RC2011.)
- Click the “Search” button. This should bring up a list of all students that still need registration clearance.
- To authorize an individual student to register for that term, click the “Grant” button for that person. This will clear them to register for THAT term specified in step 4. Approved students will disappear from the list of students that need clearance to register.
NOTES: You will need to clear students for each term. They will not be able to register for courses until this has been done. The students that have been cleared to register will then be able to log onto their registration and advising site to add courses when it is their time to register. Students are notified of the day and time that they may begin to register located on their personal my.carthage.edu site.
Tags: advising, Portal (my.carthage)