If you’ve forgotten a password or don’t know it, here’s what you need to do:
Carthage User ID and Password
This username and password is what you use to:
- Log into the portal (for eLearning (eRacer), registration, housing, grades, financial aid, etc.)
- Log into computers in library
- Use library resources off campus
User IDs are the same as e-mail IDs. For example, the user ID for James Ellis would be jellis. If you have a common last name, you may have a number in your id, e.g. mmiller2.
Carthage systems and Google passwords are initially set to your first initial, last initial, student ID number, and the word "Carthage." For example, Jane Smith with an ID number of 123456 would have a default password of js123456Carthage.
You can reset your password yourself via the Password Self Service website.
- Open a browser and point it to https://password.carthage.edu.
- Choose “Setup Password Responses.” Please note that you must log in with your Carthage password to do this.
- Choose security questions from the drop-down menu to answer.
- Consider creating a Google Doc with your answers, in case you forget them.
- Next time you forget your password, simply go to https://password.carthage.edu and choose “Forgotten Password.”
- You will be asked one of your security questions. Be sure to answer it exactly as you set it up.
- Remember that your new password must be at least eight characters long and something you have never used before.
If the above does not work, contact the Hedberg Library Information Desk in person or at 551-5950. The request may take up to 24 business hours to fill, and you must pick up the information in person and have a picture id.
E-mail ID and Password
Carthage e-mail addresses are generally first initial and last name, plus @carthage.edu. For example, the e-mail ID for Janet Orlowski would be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a common last name, you may have a number after your id, e.g. email@example.com. To login, enter only the portion before the @.
E-mail passwords are initially set to the student ID number.
Contact the Hedberg Library Information Desk in person, by calling 262-551-5950, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The request may take up to 24 business hours to fill, and you must pick up the information in person and have a picture ID. If you place the request at the library with proper ID, you can specify a non-Carthage e-mail address where the information can be sent.
Help Yourself Tip: If you forget your password, you can have it e-mailed to your Carthage e-mail address by clicking on the “Forgot your Password?” link that appears when you enter an incorrect password on the Postini login screen. This will assign you another temporary password which you will have to change on your next login.
If the above does not work, send an e-mail from your Carthage e-mail account to email@example.com to request that it be reset. he request may take up to 24 business hours to fill, and your information will be e-mailed back to you.
Tags: email, passwords