The Virtual Print Driver allows you to print TIFF images directly to OnBase, from any application capable of printing to a standard Windows® printer. This allows you to store almost any kind of document, whether it is a Microsoft® Excel workbook or a web page, as an image document in OnBase. Appearing as a standard printer to your existing Windows® applications, the Virtual Printer spools all print jobs as multi-page TIFF files, which can then be imported into OnBase.
Note: Please make sure you are logged into OnBase.
- Select “Print” from whatever current application you are using.
- Select the “Hyland Software Virtual Printer” from the “Name” drop-down select list.
- Apply the appropriate print settings. For information about these settings, see the
third-party help files.
- To select color or black and white mode, click “Properties,” select the “Paper/Quality”
tab, and select “Color” or “Black & White.” This setting is set to “Black & White” by default.
- Click “OK” to return to the Print dialog box.
- Click “OK” to print.
- Your standard OnBase index menu will pop up, index the document and import.