(NOTE: If one needs to partition a larger drive, those steps are a bit different.)
1. Insert your drive on a Mac computer.
2. Find and open the application “Disk Utility.”
3. Disk utility will then “see” your drive and show it on a list in the left-hand column of the disk utility window.
4. Highlight the topmost listing of your drive found in the left column of the disk utility window.
5. Click the “Erase” tab on the right side of the disk utility window.
6. From the drop-down menu in the middle of the right column of the disk utility window (which currently probably says "FAT 32") choose “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” as the formatting.
7. It is also highly recommended that you give your drive a name on the "Name" line.
8. Once you've done this, then tell it to “Erase” the drive by clicking on the "Erase" button. It will erase for about a minute.
You have now erased, renamed, and reformatted your drive.Tags: Mac