These instructions were originally created for Media Services to clarify the process of printing Ad Astra room schedules for Hedberg Library on a weekly basis. They've been generalized and posted here.
Note that in previous years, there were separate instructions for printing room schedules from a Mac and from a PC. Ad Astra has since been updated, and now the process is platform-agnostic.
- Navigate to Ad Astra (https://astra.carthage.edu) and log in using the appropriate Carthage user ID and password. For Media Services, that would be the user av.
- Click on the Reporting tab in the navigation bar along the top of the page.
- You're presented with one item, Reports. Click on it.
- Click on Sections and Events Lists (9 items). By default it's the 9th item under the Report List.
- Click on the report named Room Card - Selected Building. By default it's the 7th item under the Sections and Events Lists heading.
- Set the Start Date of the report:
- Click the calendar icon under the Enter Start Date section to summon a calendar in a pop-up window.
- Navigate the pop-up calendar to select the day you want the report to start on.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the calendar and set the start date.
- Set the End Date of the report:
- Click the calendar icon under the Enter End Date section to summon a calendar in a pop-up window.
- Navigate the pop-up calendar to select the day you want the report to end on.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the calendar and set the end date.
- Set the Building of the report:
- Click the funny equal sign looking icon under the Enter Building section to summon a pop-up window with a dropdown menu.
- Select from the dropdown menu the building you want the report to be on.
- Click the OK button to dismiss the pop-up window and set the building.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click on the printer icon above the Main Report section. A window pops up explaining that it will export the report as a PDF and download it to your computer so that you can open it up and print it.
- To print the entire report, press the Export button.
- To print a specific range of pages (for example, if you only wanted the schedule for a room or a set of rooms), click the radio button next to Pages and specify the page range you want printed out, and then click the Export button.
For technology assistance, please contact Media Services at email@example.com or (262-551-5950). To report problems, please call the same number or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviewed/Approved 10/27/15 by R. LaHue of Media ServicesTags: Ad Astra, Mac