JoVE is the world-leading producer and provider of science videos with the mission to improve scientific research and education. Millions of scientists, educators and students at thousands of universities, colleges, hospitals and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide use JoVE for their research, teaching and learning.
1. You may access JoVE through Hedberg Library's All Electronic Resources webpage.
2. Scroll down until you find JoVE.
2. Click on JoVE to enter the resource.
4. Click "Sign In" in the upper, right.
5. Choose "Sign in" next to the Goolge icon. Choose your Carthage account if it is an option (make sure you are logged in to your Carthage Gmail account in the same browser, but in a different window. JoVE will link to your account that way.)
6. You will see an account page where you see an option to change your password, etc. DON'T DO THAT. Instead click the down-arrow by your name in the upper right corner, and then click MyJoVE.
7. On the next page, click JoVE ACCESS to get a list of resources; links to everything in our subscription are highlighted (scroll to bottom for Biology Core videos).
You can simply share links to these resources with your students, but they'll need to use Google single-sign-on from their Carthage account. You can also embed videos into Schoology or an online textbook if that book site allows it (works great with Integrating Concepts in Biology).
To embed a JoVE video in Schoology:
1. In JoVE, select a video and then click on the Embed button.