When you are required to complete CITI training for conducting research on human subjects, you will need to create an account, select courses to add to your account, and complete training. If you've already created an account, you may skip to "Selection of Training Module" or "Begin Training."
- Registration and Access to CITI Program Training
- Creating Login
- Selection of Training Module
- Begin Training
- Adding/Removing Courses
- Certification of Completion
- Go to: https://about.citiprogram.org
- Click "Register."
- Under "Select Your Organization Affiliation" enter "Carthage College."
- Click the box next to "I affirm that I am an affiliate of Carthage College."
- Click the button to "Continue To Create Your CITI Program Username/Password."
- Enter your name and Carthage email address.
- Create a username, password, and security question and answer.
- Enter your country of residence.
- Click "Yes" or "No" regarding contact preferences.
- Click "Yes" or "No" regarding Continuing Education credits: Most likely choose "No." Answer contact questions regarding marketing and surveys.
- Enter demographic information.
- Institutional Email Address: Carthage email address.
- Department: Enter the department your class is in (Ex. Chemistry).
- Role in Research: Select "Student Researcher - Undergraduate" or "Student Researcher - Graduate level."
This step is critical; it will determine the training course your faculty is requesting you complete.
Q1: Human Subjects Research:
- Select "Social & Behavioral Research - Student Investigators."
You may ignore the rest of the questions below. The above choice should assign the three modules of the Social & Behavioral Research Student Investigators course for you.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Complete Registration."
- Click "Finalize Registration."
- Log into your CITI account. You should see a list of your available training modules.
- Click "View Courses."
- Under "Courses Ready to Begin" click "Start Now" next to the course you will be taking.
- Read through the Assurance Statement, click the box next to "I AGREE..." and click "Submit."