When you are required to complete CITI training for conducting research on human subjects, you will need to create an account, select courses to add to your account, and complete training. If you've already created an account, you may skip to "Selection of Training Module" or "Begin Training."
- Registration and Access to CITI Program Training
- Creating Login
- Selection of Training Module
- Begin Training
- Certification of Completion
- Go to: https://about.citiprogram.org
- Click "Register."
- Under "Select Your Organization Affiliation" enter "Carthage College."
- Click the box next to "I affirm that I am an affiliate of Carthage College."
- Click the button to "Continue To Create Your CITI Program Username/Password."
- Enter your name and Carthage email address.
- Create a username, password, and security question and answer.
- Enter your country of residence.
- Click "Yes" or "No" regarding Continuing Education credits: Most likely choose "No." Answer contact questions regarding marketing and surveys.
- Enter demographic information.
- Institutional Email Address: Carthage email address.
- Department: Enter the department your class is in (Ex. Chemistry).
- Role in Research: Select Student Researcher - Undergraduate.
This step is critical; it will determine the training course your faculty is requesting you complete.
Q1: Human Subjects Research:
- Select "Not at this time."