If you want to watch a favorite movie, or something related to a class, Carthage’s Hedberg Library might have it on DVD, or possibly BluRay. To see if we have a specific movie, do the following:
- To access our catalog, go to the library's home page (www.carthage.edu/library).
- Type in the name of the item you are looking for in the search box. For example, if you want to watch any of the Narnia movies, type “Narnia” in the box.
- Click the “Go” button. You will be taken to the results page which will show you anything we have in our collection that has “Narnia” anywhere in the title or subject including books, videos, and journal articles. All of the items Carthage owns related to your search will appear first.
- To see only the movies, look for the “Video” item on the left. If you don’t see it, click the “Show more” link below the book and article sections.
- Look at which items have “Carthage College Hedberg Library” written in green after them. Those are the items we have available to you right now. If it says “WorldCat Libraries,” we don’t have it, but you can request it through inter-library loan if you really need it (blue button in the full item record). Allow a week or so to get it.
- Write down the call number, or take a shot of it with your phone.
- The videos are all on the shelves in the upper level of the library. Feel free to browse.
- When you find the movie you want, take the case to the Circulation Desk so they can get you the disc and check it out to you.
Need more help? Ask the friendly people at the Information Desk to help you search or locate an item on the shelves.Tags: catalog, Hedberg, library